Garibsons (Pvt) Ltd was incorporated in 1976 as a family-owned business. Migrating from India, Garibsons started its business of wool manufacturing with the name of Pak Woolen Mills. They moved into the woodworking sector, manufacturing particle boards, MDF, doors, furniture and flooring.
Garibsons entered the Rice & Wheat Business in 1996. Business began with a state of the art processing plant of 5 tons/hour in the SITE Industrial area in Karachi. Buhler/Sortex was taken on as part of the turnkey assignment.
Since then, Garibsons has scaled it’s production capacities to the following:
- Reprocessing of 120 tons/hour
- Husking plants of 2000 tons/day (spread across Sindh for non-Basmati and Punjab for Basmati)
- 23 silos with capacity of 4250m^3 for paddy and rice storage
- Warehousing of 1.5 million square feet across 250 acres of industrial land area
- Parboiling / steaming plants of 500 tons/day across pakistan
Garibsons will further expand by diversifying its product lines to increase its local and international consumer base, making an even more meaningful contribution towards the progress and growth of Pakistan’s economy.